The world of Black Desert consists of a very large main continent, a large sized island in the northeast and an archipelago of small islands in the north west. It is assumed that the continent is in the southern hemisphere of the world - which seems to have no name.
There are also other lands spoken of that aren't included in any map. They are:
- The lands of the "Far East" from where Asian-looking travelers sometimes show up (if it isn't the Haso Kingdom, which is asian-looking but is in the west in the current game world map).
- The land the Gyfin Rhasia left before establishing themselves in the southern part of Kamasylvia.
The current year ingame seems to be 287 if various sources of lore are matched.
There are currently seven territories explorable in the game.
FactionsThe main political institutions that reign in this world are:
- The Republic of Calpheon, which also rules Balenos and Serendia.
- The Republic of Mediah.
- The Kingdom of Valencia.
- The Haso Kingdom.
- There might exist the mythical origin of the people of Valencia on a large island or continent in the west called Selenaera. It may be old lore now retconned.
- There was information that, at release in North America, the year was roughly 50 years after the death of Valencian king Imur Nesser which means the game starts in the year 316 of the Elion calendar. Source not found.
- ↑ The explanation with more evidence points to the fact that they did this taking into account the fact that the world is round and you can get to the Haso Kingdom both from Valencia (the Far East) or the northwest (Port Ratt).
- ↑ Drieghan is only released in Korea.
- ↑ There's no known title for the kind of government the elves have on their land. They're a monarchy, but they do not call themselves a kingdom. Their government has a name, the Kama-Grána.
- ↑ Proper name will be added when translated from korean
- ↑ Only available area is Port Ratt.