Black Desert, also known as Black Desert Online, often abbreviated as BDO, is a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Pearl Abyss and released for the first time on July 2015, in Korea, for the PC.
Black Desert has so far been released as two different games.
- The PC one, later adapted to Xbox.
- The Mobile one, Black Desert Mobile.
Work in progress.
For NA & EU:
- Mediah expansion; 30 March 2016
- Musa & Maehwa classes; 20 April 2016
- Mediah Part 2 (Hasrah Ancient Ruins, Helm underground caves and Kuit Islands); 4 May 2016
- Valencia expansion; 29 June 2016
- Kunoichi & Ninja classes; 20 July 2016
- Valencia Part 2 (Muiquun, Arehaza Town and Mount Gavinya); 31 August 2016
- Margoria expansion; 25 January 2017
- Dark Knight class; 1 March 2017
- Striker class; 24 May 2017
- Kamasylvia expansion; 27 September 2017
- Kamasylvia Part 2; 15 November 2017
- Mystic class; 13 December 2017
- Lahn class; 23 May 2018
- Drieghan expansion; 14 November 2018
The game has been released for PC in the following regions:
- Korea; July 2015
- Russia; October 2015
- Japan; 2015
- North America & Europe; March 2016
- Taiwan; January 2017
- South America; July 2017
- Middle East & North Africa; December 2017
- Southeast Asia; January 2018
Black Desert Mobile has been released in the following regions:
- Korea; February 2018
- Taiwan; August 2018
Black Desert for the Xbox, often abbreviated as BDX, has a late 2018 planned release for NA & EU. The open beta for NA began on November 8, 2018 and will end on November 12.
The PC game is published by the following companies:
- Kakao Games for Korea and NA & EU.
- GameOn for Japan.
- RedFox Games for South America.
- Pearl Abyss itself publishes it for Taiwan, MENA, SEA and, as of October 2018, Russia.
The game was published for Russia by GameNet until their contract expired on October 12, 2018.
Black Desert Mobile is published by Pearl Abyss.
Black Desert for the Xbox is also published by Pearl Abyss.
The game can be found in the following languages:
- Korea; Korean
- North America & Europe; English, German, French and Spanish (Kakao translation)
- Russia; Russian
- Japan; Japanese
- Taiwan; Mandarin Chinese
- South America; Portuguese and Spanish (RedFox translation)
- Middle East & North Africa; Turkish and English
- Southeast Asia; English, Thai and Indonesian